Follow POM Journal:
Lifetime Achievement Award
- Gary Thompson, Cornell University (awarded in 2011)
- Chris Voss, London Business School (awarded in 2010)
- Sheryl Kimes, Cornell U. (awarded in 2010)
- Aleda Roth, Clemson U. (awarded in 2009)
- Dick Chase, U. Southern California (awarded in 2007)
2009 Distinguished Service Award
- Uday Apte, Naval Postgraduate School
2009 Emerging Scholar Award
- Serhan Ziya, U. North Carolina â€“ Chapel Hill
Most Influential Service Operations Paper Award
- Liana Victorino, Rohit Verma, and Don G. Wardell. For their 2013 article titled, â€œScript Usage in Standardized and Customized Service Encounters: Implications for Perceived Service Quality,â€ Production and Operations Management 22(3), 518-534 (awarded in 2015).
- Corey Angst, Sarv Devaraj, Carrie Queenan, and Brad Greenwood. For their 2011 article titled, â€œPerformance Effects Related to the Sequence of Integration of Healthcare Technologies,â€ Production and Operations Management 20(3), 319-333 (awarded in 2013).
- Mei Xue and Joy Field. For their 2008 article titled, "Service Coproduction with Information Stickiness and Incomplete Contracts: Implications for Consulting Services Design," Production and Operations Management 17(3), 357-372 (awarded in 2011).
- Larry Menor and Aleda Roth. For their 2008 article titled â€œNew Service Development Competence and Performance: An Empirical Examination in Retail Banking,â€ Production and Operations Management 17(3), 267-285 (awarded in 2010).
- Craig Froehle and Scott Sampson. For their 2006 article titled â€œFoundations and implications of a proposed unified services theory,â€ Production and Operations Management 15 (2), 329-343 (awarded in 2009).