The Society's approach to Production and Operations Management is problem-centered; it does not rely on particular methodologies. We are dedicated to uncovering and understanding the canon of knowledge in POM and we encourage reviews and reinterpretations of past research and the provocative idea that initiates new research. Pedagogy remains a core interest of the Society; conference sessions, the website, and various bulletins are evidence of this interest.
The tangible benefits of the Society include:
- Receipt of the Production and Operations Management journal.
- Discounted registration fee at the POMS annual conference.
- Periodic receipt of Job Bulletin, Research Bulletin, and other e- mail announcements.
- Receipt of the POMS Chronicle newsletter.
- Continuing access to the portions of the POMS website that will be locked in the future:
- Pedagogy area -- links to course websites and syllabi at many schools; links to case collections and international groups; clearinghouse for sabbaticals and leaves around the world
- Membership area -- find and phone or e-mail other members easily